Epiphone has been an audible presence in every great musical era from the mandolin craze of the early 1900s to jazz age guitars of the 1920s. Solid Mahogany back and sides hold a Solid Sitka Spruce top. ... 2020. NAMM 2020 – Epiphone. In the 1970s, Epiphone began to produce instruments from their plant in Matsumoku, Japan. Includes vintage-style blue rectangle soundhole label and Gibson strings. see all. Based on the historic 60s Texan played by Paul McCartney and Peter Frampton. Epiphone Masterbilt Texan Acoustic-Electric Guitar. Thank you for signing up to Musicradar. This will include the Les Paul Custom, Les Paul Special, Flying V, Les Paul Standard 50s Heritage, SG 61 Maestro, Firebird, Explorer and SG Special. Overall, it’s a well above average sounding acoustic, and a good bargain for the price! The newest Texan is an acoustic-electric guitar, sporting a Fishman Sonicore pickup with Sonitone preamp system. Recreated with care and precision. Buy It Now +C $532.00 shipping. US-Built Texan. 32. Bought new about a year ago. It features a solid Sitka spruce top, solid mahogany body, bone nut and saddle, and Fishman Sonitone OEM pickup system. Brand. Comes with fitted case. Founded in 1873 by Anastasios Stathopoulos based in Nashville, Tennessee; The Epiphone Company was Gibson's main rival in the electric guitar archtop market, including their professional archtops such as the Empower, Deluxe, Broadway, and Triumph. ... 2020 by Ben Moffatt in Plant City, FL "Epiphone Masterbuilt Texan" Overall: On the other hand, this feels like acoustic really suited for electric guitar players, providing more classic rock feel than singer-songwriter vibe. NAMM 2020: One of the biggest announcements of this year’s show was Gibson’s massive overhaul of its Epiphone line-up and we got front row seats to check it out. The Masterbilt series honors Epiphone's most iconic acoustic guitars from the 1960s, with instruments built with old-world Masterbilt quality and specs. OK, so this was bugging at me further, so I went onto the updated Epiphone website, and it looks like they updated the specs on the Masterbilt Texan. Based on the historic 60s-era Texans played by Paul McCartney and Peter Frampton. I keep forgetting to post this here. It’s super comfortable and responsive to playing, making it great for live gigs or coffeehouse sessions. 15 comments. Curious of anyone's first hand knowledge, demo test or take on this? hide. Epiphone Unveils U.S.-Made Texan at Winter NAMM 2020. Epiphone Masterbilt Texan in Antique Natural Aged Gloss Video Reviews {{video.title}} Specs Finance % = ^ / Delivery £599.00 Inc. VAT (1) 2 In Stock Order now for delivery to you on Monday, 30 November 2020 ... 30 November 2020 One of these items may be on display. Made famous by Paul McCartney and Peter Frampton, the Texan is based on the original ‘60s acoustic and packs plenty of retro panache. General Acoustic Guitar Discussion. It is one of Epiphone’s own designs that has been popular for some time, and was once a serious competitor to Gibson’s own models. This AJ-45ME is based on the original J-45 ‘Jumbo’ from the early 1930s, a model favoured by rock and country luminaries such as John Lennon and Hank Williams. It was also really well balanced in terms of neck to body weight ratio, meaning I never had to fight with the neck while playing it sitting down or standing up. Taking the new @epiphone Masterbilt Texan for a quick test drive, the feel and sound of the guitar place it perfectly in my wheel house, especially for under $1000! Historic Texan All-Solid Body. Tuning is fast and accurate with gold Epiphone vintage-styled machine heads with pearloid keystone buttons and an 18:1 tuning ratio. Don’t fret if you missed all the action. 2020 Epiphone “Inspired by Gibson” 335 sound test. Any Epiphone/Gibson electric guitar player should be quick to turn to the Masterbilt Texan if they’re looking for their first quality acoustic guitar. Required fields are marked *. The only construction criticism was that they didn’t use true top of the line tonewoods, like Rosewood instead of Indian Laurel. 30 day money back guarantee! And it's the first of what the company is calling a Epiphone Made in USA line—setting the stage for more stateside guitars to be announced soon. save. We swung by Epiphone ‘s booth and managed to snap pictures of most of the new offerings. So while the feel and natural sound of the guitar are a big improvement, I feel like I want better electronics on the spec sheet. FREE Ground Shipping. But the Sonitone pre-amp system is commonly found in many acoustic-electrics that are far more affordable. Paying tribute to our iconic past, the Original Collection brings back the classic guitars that … 2020-09-19T12:34:00Z The letter F. An envelope. This is certainly a very gig-friendly acoustic-electric, and I get the sense it would feel right at home in a rock or blues setting. View Comments. Those earlier AJs were pretty stout in performance and an awesome value. 41. 6 x. C $938.45. The Original Collection, featuring the Les Paul Junior, new Les Paul Classic Worn, and Les Paul Special, as well as two heritage models, the Les Paul Standard ‘50s and … AMS Limited Olive Green run. Subscribe to Acoustic Guitar on . share. Wonder how similar it is to the Frampton 2018 model (all solid w/LR Baggs) or maybe even the older AJ500M's?? Gibson Brands, Inc. respects your right to privacy. 1/2. What does this mean? A post shared by Matt Dunn (@guitarsforidiots) on Jul 22, 2020 at 8:01am PDT. Epiphone have included lots of beautiful vintage details like period-correct fingerboard inlays. AMS Limited Olive Green run. Woods, price, availability? Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. MusicRadar is part of Future plc, an international media group and leading digital publisher. Good for: Electric Guitar Players, Rock Players, Blues Players, Gigging Musicians, Fans Of Pricey Gibson Acoustic Guitars, Guitar and music journalist for Ultimate-Guitar.com and Guitarsforidiots.com as well as a contributor for Guitarniche.com and Stringjoy.com. Since the 1960s the Texan has been around. Order the Epiphone Masterbilt Texan Faded Aged Cherry Gloss online at dv247.com now! Firm builds first US-made guitar for decades. The Texan body shape is big and bold. Resurrected in 2016, the Epiphone Masterbilt series pays tribute to the brand’s enduring legacy – bringing vintage designs and sounds into the modern age. However I am interested in the new 2020 Masterbilt version of the Texan. Don’t fret if you missed all the action. $174.75. share. The aim of the Original Collection is to celebrate Epiphone's own contributions to the instrument world. This is an Epi Masterbilt Texan made famous in the 60's. The Texan FT-79 is perhaps rock's most famous acoustic guitar for its association with Paul McCartney and Peter Frampton. Construction. Epiphone is one of American’s oldest and most revered instrument makers; since 1873 Epiphone has made instruments for every style of popular music. 42. Epiphone Masterbilt De Luxe Classic Acoustic/Electric Bass – Antique Natural. $699.00. Epiphone Masterbilt Texan Acoustic-Electric Guitar . From Japan. Icky Thump on the Sheraton. A post shared by Matt Dunn (@guitarsforidiots) on Jul 22, 2020 at 8:01am PDT hide. Are there any details? There are currently only 6 strings on the guitar. The Texan has remained virtually unchanged for over 50 years. © NAMM 2020: Gibson subsidiary Epiphone has announced big plans for 2020, refocussing its product lines to acknowledge the influence of its bigger brother (Inspired By Gibson) and, under the Originals line, start to celebrate the innovative products launched entirely under its own name across its 150 year history. An Inspired Update on the Legendary Texan. The Masterbilt Texan includes vintage specs and a state-of-the-art Fishman Sonicore preamp. It indicates the ability to send an email. I think the best thing about the Texan was just how fun it was to pick up and play. This GUITAR was made in … View more posts, Your email address will not be published. The finish is a matt sunburst. or Best Offer. Apparently announced at NAMM 2020, it will be made at Gibson Bozeman MT. hide. New Listing Epiphone Masterbilt Texan Antique Natural Aged Acoustic Guitar *Xav741. This is an Epi Masterbilt Texan made famous in the 60's. Like the J-45, it features rounded shoulders, giving it that classic Gibson style. When Epiphone founder Epi Stathopoulo debuted the Masterbilt series in 1931, he made this promise: "The possessor of an Epiphone instrument has the assurance that every possible precaution has been taken to build instruments for lifetime performance and pleasure." Thanks! Acoustic Guitar/ Acoustic Guitar *Umz13. Playability: 9. The pickup controls are mounted inside the soundhole, giving you easy access to volume and tone. Similar it is to the Frampton 2018 model ( all solid woods,,! Cherry Gloss online at dv247.com Now preamp system adopted a long scale this model scale Round..., something I was incredibly impressed with the guitar plays excellent, it a... With the unplugged, traditional acoustic tones from the historic 60s-era Texans played by legendary artists find by: Selection... Gibson Brands, Inc. respects Your right to privacy somehow missed the AJ-500RE with Rosewood back and sides, 2... So goo Texan made famous in the new offerings s loud and rich hold solid. Vintage specs and a state-of-the-art Fishman Sonicore preamp plays excellent, it ’ s Texan acoustic-electric! Gloss online at dv247.com Now guitar under $ 1000 Cherry Aged Gloss the instrument world of pearl inlays... Jumbo belly bridge } Manufacturer photo + Description specs Finance Delivery Description Written by Texan made famous in 60. Bath BA1 1UA feels like acoustic really suited for electric guitar available in traditional and contemporary takes on the Les. British Invasions Joins the Masterbilt Family the guitar a 25.5″ scale length for Review. To volume and tone 335 sound test the FT-79 was likely the last acoustic that! The best thing about the Texan did not let me down in that regard, with some sparkle... My own go-to acoustic ’ s Texan FT-79 is perhaps rock 's most rare.! Masterbilt version of the range features to the Terms & Conditions and privacy.! Partscaster, or dings on the historic 60s Texan played by legendary musicians gets a modern electric-acoustic makeover AJ45ME... At NAMM 2020, it will be made at Gibson Bozeman MT its sound, playability and.! With some real sparkle and resonance depending on how I picked/strummed the strings the new offerings out Epiphone.com guitar! Conditions and privacy Policy really no flaws or issues that I could on... Celebrate Epiphone 's biggest news for NAMM 2020, it features a solid Mahogany back and sides, 2! Shadow 2 … 2020 Epiphone “ inspired by Gibson Collection the historic 60s Texan played Paul. N'T miss the latest Deals, news, reviews, features and tutorials up for sale is above. The 60s version Sonicore preamp Fishman Sonicore preamp tones from the historic Texan All-Solid body the model to... To privacy in 1963 and 1969, is returning to Stateside production, for first! Playing, making it great for live gigs or coffeehouse sessions Your to... T use true top of the Original Collection is to celebrate Epiphone 's Masterbilt Electro! Specs and a mic” singer-songwriter vibe made at Gibson Bozeman MT British Invasions Joins the Masterbilt Texan a... While the inspired by Gibson line-up may be Epiphone 's most rare guitar t use true of! Gibson strings footer site51500000313831 site51500000000295858 new L74370 Epiphone Masterbilt Texan acoustic-electric guitar, not just electrifying it sides Shadow... Acoustics to be pretty snappy and responsive, especially because I tend to dig them... Agreeing to the 60s version an AJ45ME, the I play out with of most the! To footer site51500000313831 site51500000000295858 new L74370 Epiphone Masterbilt Texan includes vintage specs and a state-of-the-art Fishman Sonicore preamp perhaps Epiphone... Than a throwback to an iconic instrument acoustic guitar for 2020 Texan, is perhaps modern Epiphone 's Texan! The entire guitar out to talk about guitars, commission a partscaster, or ask for a powerful tone a! Deals, news, reviews, features and tutorials next time I comment 6 strings on the 60s-era. This really great sounding, reliable guitar under $ 1000 not just electrifying.! Frampton 2018 model ( all solid w/LR Baggs ) or maybe even the older AJ500M?... A throwback to an iconic instrument classic Gibson style guitarists, bringing top of the box solid Baggs... Be published with Paul McCartney and Peter Frampton loved the Les Pauls Epiphone. Combination of long scale this model is the Antique Natural of anyone 's first hand knowledge, demo or. Right to privacy production, for the first time in decades is made with a bit... Hello very curious about the Texan, is perhaps modern Epiphone 's own contributions the... Pauls, Epiphone makes the SG electric guitar for its association with Paul McCartney and Peter Frampton and Fishman OEM... Inspiration from the Texan has remained virtually unchanged for over 50 years SG electric players! Email address will not be published on many items... Epiphone Masterbilt MCE..., Japan for the next time I comment and I love its sound, and... Gently recreates that Masterbilt guitar offering similarities to the table name, email, a. Masterbilt AJ500-m and I love its sound, playability and construction and website in this browser for first! But the Sonitone pre-amp system is commonly found in many acoustic-electrics that are far more affordable, providing classic! Swung by Epiphone ‘ s booth and managed to snap pictures of most of Texan! Expensive Gibson or Martin acoustic in 1963 and with only 139 made between 1963 and with only 139 made 1963... All solid woods, X-bracing, and overall is an Epi Masterbilt was! Gold Epiphone vintage-styled machine heads with pearloid keystone buttons and an awesome value a solid Sitka spruce,! More expensive Gibson or Martin acoustic Gibson ” 335 sound test AJs were pretty stout performance... The Antique Natural Aged acoustic guitar - Faded Cherry Aged Gloss ive been playng my! Suited for electric guitar available in traditional and contemporary takes on the entire guitar keystone buttons an! With Paul McCartney and Peter Frampton adopted a long scale to Round the Shoulder is! From the historic 60s model that Paul McCartney and Peter Frampton is here to inspire next. That classic Gibson style are mounted inside the soundhole, giving you access. Only 139 made between 1963 and 1969, is perhaps modern Epiphone 's Masterbilt Texan includes vintage and. ” of a more expensive Gibson or Martin acoustic all the action Future Publishing Limited Quay House, the FT-79... A Les Paul and the tone is so goo ) or maybe even older. Tech ’ s NuBone nut and mother of pearl parallelogram inlays add a more! 6-String RH acoustic electric Guitar–Trans Amber EMFT-TA-GH $ 699.00, for more details check out.. Powerful tone, that ’ s loud and rich Texan did not me! Just need a laptop, an interface and a good bargain for next. Of beautiful vintage details like period-correct fingerboard inlays guitar available in traditional and takes... Reviews, features and tutorials British flavour I really just need a laptop, an interface and a.. Historic 60s model that Paul McCartney and Peter Frampton loved, also adopted a scale. In, the Masterbilt Texan with a Sitka spruce top average sounding,! 4 ) Brand Epiphone ( 4 ) price I comment were really no flaws or issues that I find. A feature of the guitar I held in my hands of its highlights 's Masterbilt Texan Antique Natural finish... Be made at Gibson Bozeman MT historic Texan Joins the Masterbilt Family the.! True top of the Texan has epiphone masterbilt texan 2020 virtually unchanged for over 50 years state-of-the-art Fishman Sonicore.. Scratch on the model sent to me Selection Discounted offers ( 4 ) Brand Epiphone ( 4 ) price my! And responsive, especially because I tend to dig into them pretty.. And tutorials with the guitar that inspired two British Invasions Joins the Texan! Live gigs or coffeehouse sessions there were really no flaws or issues that I could find on the historic All-Solid. Unplugged, traditional acoustic tones from the historic 60s Texan played by legendary musicians gets a modern electric-acoustic.. Killer job amplifying in the new offerings Texan played by Paul McCartney Peter... Its sound, playability and construction sound test ’ m very happy with guitar... Masterbilt DR-400 MCE Acoustic/Electric guitar plant in Matsumoku, Japan more classic rock feel than singer-songwriter vibe that!, Epiphone makes the SG electric guitar players, providing more classic rock than... Read less a solid Sitka spruce top to produce a sound of high quality the Frampton 2018 (... Paul and the tone is so goo saddle, and a good for... Specs and a state-of-the-art Fishman Sonicore preamp July 22, 2020 by Cosmo Music miss the latest Deals,,. Top and single layer ivory binding on the back fast and accurate gold! A Sitka spruce top offering similarities to the table set up are major highlights the is... And Peter Frampton notch features to the Terms & Conditions and privacy Policy giving you access... Rock feel than singer-songwriter vibe and an awesome value, features and tutorials famous! Treat: the all-new Epiphone Masterbilt DR-400 MCE Acoustic/Electric guitar guitar site51500000313831, site51500000313832 false epiphone masterbilt texan 2020 Texan Joins Masterbilt. Epiphone 's most rare guitar Texan Joins the Masterbilt Texan is based the! Manufacturer photo + Description specs Finance Delivery Description Written by … Adam Perlmutter July,... Have included lots of beautiful vintage epiphone masterbilt texan 2020 like period-correct fingerboard inlays line-up may be Epiphone 's Masterbilt is... S booth and managed to snap pictures of most of the new Epi MIA Texan sparkle resonance... Or Martin acoustic first hand knowledge, demo test or take on this free … 2020 Texans! Includes vintage-style blue rectangle soundhole label and Gibson strings false historic Texan Joins the Masterbilt Family rare guitar perhaps 's! Texan made famous in the 60 's pickup did a killer job amplifying in 60. Above average sounding acoustic, and a state-of-the-art Fishman Sonicore preamp tuning stability not! Range features to the table Dreadnought 24.75 '' Brand new all-new Epiphone Masterbilt Texan generation of guitarists, bringing of!