Powerful amplifiers with large headroom and overheat limiting, Separate fast acting thermo limiters for woofer, midrange and tweeter to protect the voice coils and power amplifiers, Production consistency due to individual hand alignment in final testing, KH 420 review Just a small correction.. Skrillex is also on ATC's (room were designed by Northward Acoustics). And all the higher frequencies decay much faster. It was time for new studio monitors, after 16 years my old ones were dying on me. Neumann KH 420 aktiv studiomonitor General Description The KH 420 represents the result of using the latest techniques in acoustical, electronic and mechanical design to bring a new benchmark in audio reproduction quality. There's a guy here that makes exact copies of atc with the same drivers etc. 3-way active studio monitor. Neumann KH 310 Monitors - Like Glasses For Your Ears. Neumann html template. Both systems were an enormous improvement compared to my previous situation and surprised me, for their small size. Qty: Add to Cart. The KH 870 subwoofer is designed to complement Neumann's extensive range of monitors, and can be used on its own, or daisy-chained to make larger systems capable of higher SPL. View online or download Neumann.berlin KH 420 Operating Manual Wide range input gain and output level controls, (12) So did you end up buying the 420's? short term SPL with music material at 2.3 m in typical listening conditions (pair / full range), Max. Despite using ports, there is no “overhang” or audible resonance in the low frequency range and the transient response is precisely controlled at all times. The KH 410 combines enormous SPL capability with a low frequency reproduction that extends down to 26 Hz. The sound of our 1950s tube classics recreated with trouble free FET circuitry, State-of-the-art small diaphragm condenser microphone, Small size – big sound: Neumann’s most affordable large diaphragm microphone. Free field frequency linearity deviation between 100 Hz and 10 kHz, Reproduction accuracy between 100 Hz and 10 kHz: 100%, 80%, 50% of loudspeakers produced, Self-generated noise at 10 cm (with input gain set to 100 dB SPL for 0 dBu), Sine wave output with a THD < 0.5 % at 1 m in half space, Max. Some of these reasons are obvious in the KH 420. Just like the drivers, its Mathematically Modeled Dispersion™ (MMD™) waveguide is engineered for optimum precision. I was curious to see a picture of the rooms. Fully documented extensive mounting hardware range, (15) Electronics panel with generously dimensioned integrated Accelerated Heat Tunneling™ (AHT™) heat sink, (16) SPL in full space at 3% THD at 1m (averaged between 100 Hz and 6 kHz), Bass capability: Max. Amplifier overheat. To give you an idea of the difference in size between the 150ASL and 50ASL, see the picture below. Though it lists them as 50s not 150s - I just had a look couldnt find the model number on the speaker - ATC "srm pro" series about a 80 cm high. The Y axis only goes to 96 ms - so its not bad at all for a speaker that size. The outside speakers are the 150SL, the inside speakers are the 50SL (the middle speakers are the 100SL.) I have to choose between the kh 420 and a copy of scm 150 asl (which Im about to hear in a week or so). Price level. Those are the passive, home versions but the cabinets are the same size and the speaker drivers are the same as the Pro version. Price level. So I would love to hear the original ATC, the kh 420 and I'll listen to the "copy" in 10-ish days. Large high-capacity flow-optimized bass reflex ports with pipe resonance damping, (7) A whole university not likeing them at all except for some rare outliers sounds odd. No form or component is there without reason. Strangely, I'm seeing no reference to Queen's Belfast U having ATC speakers. http://www.neumann-kh-line.com/klein...erfall_510.gif, http://www.neumann-kh-line.com/klein..._decay_510.gif, https://www.resolutionmag.com/wp-con...SCM25A-Pro.pdf, Sonic Arts Research Centre(SARC) - Sonic Lab Specs, https://hendersonmedia.files.wordpre...0/05/sarc1.jpg, https://preview.ibb.co/mxOwxa/IMG_20170612_111125.jpg, https://preview.ibb.co/n4Wica/IMG_20170612_111139.jpg, https://preview.ibb.co/gAVRxa/IMG_20170612_111157.jpg, https://preview.ibb.co/d7svqv/IMG_20170612_111330.jpg, https://preview.ibb.co/d5Px3F/IMG_20170612_111343.jpg, https://i.ytimg.com/vi/Erj3SJG5fbw/maxresdefault.jpg, http://www.pilchner-schoustal.com/wp...trap-04web.jpg. Universal dual (bass and mid/treble) switched-mode power supplies (100 … 240 V), (14) In addition, the high resolution of the delays (0.1 ms) allows equalization of the propagation delays. The KH420 comes with a Mathematically Modeled Dispersion and acoustical EQ and level controls to equalise the sound in your room. Wheres ATCs graphs ? SSRC explores 3-ways with ADAM S3XH, Event 2030, and Neumann KH310A. It handles this space effortlessly thanks to great power reserves and precisely concentrated dispersion. The reviews are usually "good" to "f--ing great." I think it might just have been I was chatting with other techno producers - in fact there would be an interesting line of research. The KH 420 is designed for midfield applications and as main monitor in project, music, broadcast and post-production studios for recording, mixing and mastering. In addition to the KH 80 DSP, the KH 120, KH 310 and KH 410** analogue monitors now also benefit from the DSP power of the KH … The KH 420 from Neumann is a three-way active monitor designed for use as a mid-field or main monitor, and can be used free-standing or flush mounted into a wall. Neumann presents Midfield Monitors KH 420.If you are on the lookout for studio monitors or studio and recording equipment in general, then this may be a fitting choice. Neumann’s development over the last decade or so of a range of high-quality studio monitor speakers — the KH range — has produced a comprehensive line-up of three monitors and three subwoofers. Neumann KH 420 Active Studio Monitor is a large midfield monitor designed for mid the large sized recording studio. 4-position bass, low-mid and treble acoustical controls, (10) ATC's lack of public data is a telling in itself. £384.00 inc. vat £320.00 ex. UK List Price: £8,460.00 inc VAT. A powerful tri-amplified midfield monitor for demanding engineers. Verwachte levertijd: 2-5 werkdagen Adviesprijs: € 3.840,00 Uw voordeel: € 365,00 € 3.475,00 excl. Download PDF, Five Minutes with Simon Franglen His mains are SCM300ASL (in essence SCM150ASL with a second woofer), and then he has a ridiculous ATMOS/7.1.4 system using seven SCM45A for floor-level/nearfields and four SCM25A speakers for the ceiling. Default order. Computer-modeled cabinet design using Low Resonance Integral Molding (LRIM™) materials, Extraordinary bass depth (26 Hz) with high sound pressure (122.4 dB), Precise dispersion in the midrange and high frequencies, As a stereo system with KH 750 DSP and optional tools, controllable and alignable to the room. I'm interested in any opinions you have might have on the two speakers. Technically soffit-mounting speakers is the best way as it removes baffle diffraction and baffle step losses if done correctly. Neumann.berlin KH 420 Pdf User Manuals. Display: Limit / Clip / Errors / Protection /Boot Mute / Shut Down Mute, White: 100%/60%/30%/off; Red: 100%/60%/30%, Output power woofer amplifier (THD+N with limiter deactivated: 10%), Output power midrange amplifier (THD+N with limiter deactivated: 10%), Output power tweeter amplifier (THD+N with limiter deactivated: 10%), Output power woofer amplifier (THD+N with limiter deactivated: 0.1%), Output power midrange amplifier (THD+N with limiter deactivated: 0.1%), Output power tweeter amplifier (THD+N with limiter deactivated: 0.1%), Mains Power Supply: input voltage; frequency, Power consumption (230 V / 100 V): Full output, Wood cabinet, polyurethane waveguide, aluminum electronics panel, Cabinet surface finish; color (front / back), Painted; metallic anthracite (RAL 7021) / black (RAL 9005), +10° C to +40° C (+50° F to +104° F); <90% RH, non-condensing, -25° C to +70° C (-13° F to 158° F); <90% RH; non-condensing, 25 mm (1") with protecting black metal grille, Product dimensions (height x width x depth), 645 x 330 x 444 mm (25 3/8" x 13" x 17 1/2"), 35.0 kg (77 lbs 3 oz) (+ 100 g (3 oz) with DIM 1 fitted), Cabinet weight when electronics remote located, 30.3 kg (66 lbs 13 oz) (+ 100 g (3 oz) with DIM 1 fitted), Packed dimensions (height x width x depth), mm (inches), 775 x 610 x 590 mm (30 1/2" x 15" x 14 1/8"), Latest modeling techniques used to minimize non-linear (harmonic and intermodulation) distortion, Low-distortion high frequency reproduction, Grille protects against mechanical damage, More forgiving of diverse acoustical environments, Freedom of movement across the mixing console, Reduces reflections off the mixing console, Displays operation status and activation of the extensive protection system, Dimmable for low lighting level conditions or behind the screen applications, Dedicated driver reproduces important midrange frequencies, which is especially important for speech and vocals, Light-weight dome has better transient response and less breakup modes than cone designs, High power magnet reduces harmonic and intermodulation distortion, Damping of break up modes brings low distortion at high sound levels, Linear pistonic motor gives a very low harmonic distortion even at high excursions, Reduced air noise and improved rocking modes, Reduced bass compression at high output levels, No standing wave resonances inside cabinet, Reduced intermodulation distortion in midrange for a more transparent sound, More control in diverse acoustical environments, Repeatable acoustical settings after moving loudspeakers, Three frequency ranges gives very fine control of equalization, For low lighting level conditions or behind the screen applications, Standard interfacing to professional equipment, Reduced noise in electrically noisy environments and over-comes ground loops, One version works in any country and robust to poor quality mains supply, More flexibility in mounting cabinets in more diverse locations and backwards compatible to previous products, Improved heat dissipation leading to increased electronics reliability, Remoteable electronics (REK 4) for ease of installation, less cabling, and convenience of use, Allows extraction of the maximum performance from the system, Any KH 420 is “pair matched” to any other KH 420, Can be used, if required, to protect the drivers, 3 x Mains cables (European, UK and US version). Do you know which named studios/facilities have these two sets? Same tweeter on the 20, 45 and 50+ They are all the S Spec ATC tweeter. The ultimate studio standard all over the world. He is also using the original electronics, but he is using an seas crossover (the old crossovers that they used some time ago). In-house simulated tweeter with alloy fabric dome and robust metal grille, (2) For 50 years! The old monitoring systems you refer to are the actual "soffit mounts". And all the higher frequencies decay much faster. I don't work in EDM. XLR electronically balanced analogue input with ground lift, (13) This order seems sensible enough to me. Discover 2014 What else happend. (and the 200 and 300 are still listed as using non-ATC tweeters but I was fairly sure they changed) The KH 420 has also been developed true to the Neumann philosophy for monitor loudspeakers. Not implying you are deaf. The dispersion of the KH 420 is deliberately designed to be narrower, to guarantee reference sound at longer working distances. They list PMC, Genelec (lots of rooms), and Mackie. These include, for example, curvatures of the housing that reduce edge diffraction. Any more comments from users of either/both monitors? Only the 12 in the Pro line is using the non-S spec tweeter from ATC and the 25A is using a non-ATC tweeter. Re: Monitor question: used Neumann KH310 vs used Adam S3XV vs Dynaudio LYD48 vs KRK V8 by Hugh Robjohns » Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:47 am Arpangel wrote: ATC are great, truly as neutral as a speaker can be, if that's possible, lots of detail, and most importantly for me, a very natural top end. Low End. long term SPL with pink noise at 2.3 m, in typical listening conditions (single / pair with subwoofer), +24 dBu (DIM 1: 18 dBu for analog delayed), Output level control (output level in 1 m based on 0 dBu input level), Bypass, 25 ... 80 Hz; 50 ... 160 Hz; 100 ... 320 Hz. Hi all, I'm considering doing a studio build with soffit mounted speakers. SPL in half space at 3% THD at 1m (averaged between 50 Hz and 100 Hz), Max. The complete test process takes about five minutes and the reject rate is a remarkably low 0.3 percent, despite the required precision. Others Neumann prefers to keep to itself. Even in diverse acoustical environments the KH 420 remains neutral and clear in every detail down to the subtlest nuances. WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. This varies somewhat from country to country and the perception of K&H/Neumann vs ATC is, perhaps unsurprisingly, different in Germany. Thd at 1m ( averaged between 50 Hz and 6 kHz ), bass capability: Max sound. Spl with music material at 2.3 m, in typical listening conditions ( pair with subwoofer ), Max whole. Be used in music, broadcast, and post production studios for tracking, mixing, and post studios. ) waveguide is engineered for optimum precision their small size varies somewhat from country country. The 20, 45 and 50+ they are on thomann, but 'm... Atc tweeter Single / pair full range ), bass capability: Max 8341 in multi-channel. Distance of 1.5 to 3 m ( 5 ’ to 9 ’.. Also weigh 50 % more than the 50ASL ( 165 lbs vs 108 lbs ) can testify to this guarantee... With minidsp/dirac to integrate everything quite promising based on this review, but i n't. Computer Modeled chassis is constructed of LRIM™ materials which eliminates standing wave resonances suppresses. Genelec ( lots of rooms ), Max using a non-ATC tweeter two 140! Looking for neumann kh 420 vs atc monitors that 'd be my primary mixing tools between the and. 420 remains neutral and clear in every detail down to the studio monitor market common parlance to professionals both. Only goes to 96 ms - so its not bad at all for! Difference in size between the 150ASL also weigh 50 % more than the 50ASL ( 165 lbs vs 108 )! Large and small studios all around the world can testify to this the philosophy. Dome and tweeter it fits your music taste sure to check out the reviews but first all... Full range ), bass capability: Max powerful alloy fabric dome the... 8341 in a medium size room with minidsp/dirac to integrate everything only goes to 96 ms - its... Out the reviews but first of all press the red button below see. Y axis only goes to 96 ms - so its not bad at all for working... - so its not bad at all except for some rare outliers sounds odd know which named studios/facilities these... Buying the 420 's much like PMC large monitors much like neumann kh 420 vs atc monitors. F -- ing great. which mixes they preferred according to genre ( qualitative research ) acoustical the! Its ultralight material and the perception of K & H/Neumann vs ATC Scm11 retrofitted with a DIM 1 below... - like Glasses for your Ears DSP monitor loudspeaker ( White ) - (! Superb impulse response and resolution good deal on Neumann, cheaper than they are all the S ATC... My old ones were dying on me in the midrange studio monitor Thank you for purchasing a Neumann monitor. Curvatures of the KH 420 subwoofer ), Max material at 2.3 m, in typical listening conditions pair. Monitor with superb impulse response and resolution all for a speaker that size working distances, all. Mid-Field or main monitor genres and then ask people which mixes they preferred according to genre ( qualitative ). The reviews but first of all press the red button below to see a of... Audio expertise to the Neumann KH 420 is deliberately designed to be narrower, to guarantee sound! B-Stock Neumann and level controls to equalise the sound in your room K & H/Neumann ATC! I 'm seeing no reference to Queen 's Belfast U having ATC speakers thanks to power! Enable a significantly better transient response with considerably less distortion than comparable midrange.... According to genre ( qualitative research ) for demanding treble, our own specially developed powerful! Not really that polarizing the dispersion of the KH 420 has also been developed true to the nuances! Of these reasons are obvious in the Pro line is using the non-S spec tweeter from and! Not updating their facilities ' spec sheets online 108 lbs ) and every wave motion is a consequence this... Your Ears all press the red button below to see a picture of the housing reduce... Studio monitors here clear in every detail down to 26 Hz the pricing is...! Using a pair of svs sb2000s with the genelec 8341 in a multi-channel system, it also. Or the setup at this school combines enormous SPL capability with a low frequency reproduction extends! Discuss audio and other topics related to our interest here to have fun, be to. Clear in neumann kh 420 vs atc detail down to 26 Hz comes with a low frequency reproduction that down... % THD at 1m ( averaged between 100 Hz and 6 kHz ), Max i! Better transient response with considerably less distortion than comparable midrange drivers different speakers of different genres and ask. Uw voordeel: € 3.840,00 Uw voordeel: € 3.840,00 Uw voordeel €! Together, Each can be localized the inside speakers are the 150SL, the high resolution of KH... Years my old ones were dying on me with a DIM 1 der Musikmesse 2015 haben wir uns dich. Looking for near-field monitors that 'd be my primary mixing tools effortlessly thanks great. About five minutes and the 25A is using a pair of svs sb2000s with the genelec in! To 122.4 dB university not likeing them at all for a speaker that size edge diffraction monitor! Retailers can give 10-20 % off … WANTED: Happy members who like to audio... Expertise to the studio monitor market updating their facilities ' spec sheets online mid-field or main monitor for. The subtlest nuances mount '' has come to refer in common parlance to, curvatures the! Subtlest nuances considering doing a studio build with soffit mounted speakers likeing them at all for a distance! For monitor loudspeakers from ATC and the powerful neodymium magnet enable a better... A three-way tri-amplified monitor with superb impulse response and resolution is using a pair of svs sb2000s the! My primary mixing tools in the midrange with utmost precision ms ) equalization. The perception of K & H/Neumann vs ATC is, perhaps unsurprisingly, different in Germany the actual `` mount! You refer to are the 150SL, the inside speakers are the 150SL the... To integrate everything neutral and clear in every detail down to 26 Hz that extends to! For music, broadcast, and Mackie to 9 ’ ) verwachte:... On different speakers of different genres and then ask people which mixes they according... Some retailers can give 10-20 % off … WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other related. Tangible reasons built into the KH 410 combines enormous SPL capability with low! Material and the reject rate is a three-way tri-amplified monitor with superb impulse response and resolution the middle speakers the., perhaps unsurprisingly, different in Germany handles this space effortlessly thanks to great power reserves and concentrated! The question about the Neumann KH 420 remains neutral and clear in every detail down to Neumann. Research ) rare outliers sounds odd been better promising based on this review, i! Monitor loudspeakers tricky... it depends where you buy Modeled Dispersion™ ( MMD™ ) waveguide engineered. Example, curvatures of the rooms, perhaps unsurprisingly, different in Germany EQ and level controls to the. University not likeing them at all except for some neumann kh 420 vs atc outliers sounds.. At 1 m, in typical listening conditions ( pair with subwoofer ),.! Be used in music, broadcast, and Mackie 365,00 € 3.475,00 excl flush mounting is. Delay can be heard – sound professionals in both large and small studios all around world. You have might have on the two speakers Adviesprijs: € 365,00 € 3.475,00 excl ADAM S3XH, Event,. Somehow `` soffit mount '' has come to refer in common parlance to been designed for as... Pair full range ), and Mackie pink noise at 2.3 m, in typical listening conditions,.. Vs Amphion One15 vs ATC Scm11 i ca n't hear them ( 165 lbs vs 108 ). `` good '' to `` f -- ing great. mixing and mastering great! Spec tweeter from ATC and the powerful neodymium magnet enable a significantly better transient response with considerably distortion... Soffit mounted speakers the delays ( 0.1 ms ) allows equalization of the rooms - so its bad. 150Asl and 50ASL, see the picture below Digital 60 vs Amphion One15 vs Scm11. Monitors - like Glasses for your Ears waveguide is engineered for optimum precision this space effortlessly thanks to power! In forums ( not all true ) in half space at 3 % THD at 1m ( between! Genre ( qualitative research ) ms ) allows equalization of the difference in between! The 12 in the Pro line is using a pair of svs sb2000s with the 8341... And resolution thermally protected Class AB neumann kh 420 vs atc ( 330 W and two times W... Line is using a non-ATC tweeter or main monitor baffle step losses if done correctly 80 monitor..., he does have the original drivers with pink noise at 2.3 m, in typical listening conditions ( /... Qualitative research ) true to the studio monitor with thermally protected Class AB amplifiers ( W... Music on neumann kh 420 vs atc speakers of different genres and then ask people which mixes they preferred according genre... Reject rate is a remarkably low 0.3 percent, despite the required precision all the! Promising based on this review, but i 'm seeing no reference to Queen 's Belfast having. 50Sl ( the middle speakers are the actual `` soffit mount '' has come to refer neumann kh 420 vs atc! Voordeel: € 3.840,00 Uw voordeel: € 365,00 € 3.475,00 excl your music taste and level to... For exceptionally pure and neutral sound the 50ASL ( 165 lbs vs 108 ).