I’ve used most popular 300g+ frames released in recent years and I definitely feel that low-powered and heavier racquets fit my game better than what is typically labelled as a tweener. Did you ever play with the Wilson K Six One 6.1 95? Wilson Ultra Tour Racquet Review written by Tennisnerd September 11, 2017 It窶冱 time to conclude the play-test of the Wilson Ultra Tour. You could also try the Wilson Ultra Tour 97 and add a leather grip and some tape to the head. And if you wish to attach the Sony Tennis Sensor to track your hitting stats, the racquet comes ready. Good luck! I would string the Solinco string at 23 kg and you should have a great setup! You can also string lower of course. If there is any way to test the Clash before you buy, I would recommend you to do that. I love the amount of control I have with the racquet and how it forces me to mind my technique. Something different in the bag is always fun. I think the K7 is more comfortable than the Ultra Tour, but the feel of the Ultra Tour is closer to the PT57A in my opinion. I usually don’t like Luxilon Alu Power that much, but in the Wilson Ultra Tour it played just fine! Comfortable, versatile and powerful the Ultra Team makes playing effortless from anywhere on the court. Also, what tension do you suggest with Solinco HyperG 17 (1.20) string? Should Wilson have added some extra weight to it beforehand which would have required less work for the player? Another racquet that works well and has a nice flexible feel is the Angell K7 Red. If you want to hit a modern power game however, the Blade 98 might be a better choice. Here are a few ideas depending on your game style: * Babolat Pure Strike 16×19 – if you don’t have sensitive elbows and string with a softer poly, this racquet is a lot of fun. In contrast to your preference I prefer that distinct sweetspot feel of the Ultra Tour over the more muted K7 Lime. I have been testing the Wilson Ultra Pro for a few days and here are is my review. ULTRA TOUR TEAM 100 �ソ・22,000�シ育ィ取栢縺搾シ� 陬ス蜩∵ッ碑シ�縺ク霑ス蜉� 繧ッ繧、繝�繧ッ繝薙Η繝シ ULTRA 100 V3.0 �ソ・32,000�シ育ィ取栢縺搾シ� 陬ス蜩∵ッ碑シ�縺ク霑ス蜉� 繧ッ繧、繝�繧ッ繝薙Η繝シ ULTRA 100S V3.0 �ソ・32,000�シ育ィ取栢縺搾シ� 陬ス蜩∵ッ碑シ�縺ク霑ス蜉� 繧ッ繧、繝�繧ッ繝薙Η繝シ ULTRA 100L I think I might play a little better tennis with the Ultra, but it’s hard to say. It does need some lead tape to play more stable and with a better swing weight though. I replaced the base grip with a leather grip that added 8 grams and 4 grams of lead at 3 and 9. With og and dampener 334 g and 325 mm. Thanks Jonas! Cheers / Jonas. Cheers / J. PS. The K7 flexes more uniformly, the Ultra Tour has a pretty distinctive sweet spot, similar to the PT57A. Super light, and powerful frame. Thanks for you awesome review. I am a racket nerd as well and love trying different rackets all the time. I enjoy both racquets, but feel the ball better with the Wilson Ultra Tour. MSRP: $220 HEAD SIZE: 100 SQ. I like the flex and buttery soft feel of these racquets, but as I’m getting older I’m thinking I may need something a bit more forgiving and with perhaps a larger head size. I agree Ethan that new racquets today are often overpriced. Head Pro tour 630 (pt57a) or Wilson Ultra Tour? Good luck! Saturday first winter league match. Wilson Ultra 108 v3 Tennis Racquet The Ultra 108 v3 is new for 2020 and blends a lightweight construction with all-new PowerProfile geometry to create a frame that engages a variety of tennis players. My stringer said the Yonex Monopreme could be great for this racket with 22/21 kg. 108 sq. My issue today is that my arm kind of “vibrates” and I felt some pain there last night (and I’m usually not that arm-sensitive). I’m currently trying the HEAD Liquidmetal Radical Tour, a more than ten year old racquet which comes in at a rather hefty 325 grams unstrung and 330-ish swing weight. Hi, I just bought UT and strung with Wilson Revolve Spin at 23kg. And now it is the Ultra. Alas, that racquet has seen its better days. Yeah, the tFlash 300 is rather stiff. I found its low-powered. Hi Jonas, I was about to buy the Ultra Tour 97 but looking at the playtests from TW, looks like the Clash 100 has all the good points of the Ultra Tour (comfort, control, touch) and on top of that has more power. Cheers / J. But you need to customize them and that might be the issue for most recreational players. The racquet replaces the Wilson Ultra Tour. I demoed a bunch of raquets recently and the ones I liked most were the Prince Phantom Pro 100 and the Yonex VCORE Pro 97 (330). But we definitely enjoyed using the three Wilson racquets. Head-heavy balance for increased stability when hitting the ball. But again does not look like the picture that was posted. Wilson Ultra 103S Tennis Racquet Review Racquet Specs Head Size: 103 sq. Although it is quite a light racket, it feels like it窶冱 stable enough whilst still offering you great maneuverability. Hi, The Ultra Tour will offer a bit more control and a lower launch angle. Can you compare prestige tour and ultra tour? It will be interesting to compare it to the Blade. Hi Tanner, The Volkl PB 10 Mid is a great stick! I recently concluded my demo of the Ultra Tour strung with all Solinco Tour Bite. What I like with Angell is that I can get a HEAD-shape grip which for some reason helps my one-handed backhand. This is of course highly personal and that’s why you have to commend Wilson for giving the player the option to find his or her ideal weight and balance. Looking forward to hearing your feedback! Hi Charlie, Most players racquets have these characteristics I think, but the number of them released today are quite low. Love your specs by the way, sounds spot on. Then I would add six grams of lead tape on the top of the handle underneath the regular grip. I haven’t tried this Ultra Tour yet and was wondering if you think it may hit and feel like the PB10 Mid with the right customization? Really enjoyed the response! Wilson Ultra Team Tennis Racket Lightweight, maneuverable, and powerful, the Ultra Team makes a statement with its superior playability from all over the court. I never had a great racket but I've had a decent one over the years to play with friends whenever I have the chance. For what it’s worth, the Ultra Tour plays super stable for me with 4 gr of lead at 3 and 9, 6 gr at the top of the handle, 6 gr at the bottom, an overgrip and a 3 gr dampener, bringing the static weight to 346 gr, the swing weight to about 331, and the balance to 31.75 cm. Test and see how it feels! I never thought there are ppl out there would have similar picks than mine. Sure, it doesn窶冲 offer incredible power, or incredible spin, or even incredible control, but it off窶ヲ Jason said, "If I had to choose between consistency and power on my serves I would have to pick consistency, and with this racquet that is exactly what I got. I can already say it is one of the best new racquets I窶况e played in the last five years. Does she vibrate a lot? Possibly. However this setup is still not perfect yet to me as it still plays a little too anemic to me. If you just can’t let go of the mids, there is the Prince 93P as well which is the same head size as the PB Mid but with a slightly larger sweet spot. The word I would use to describe the Ultra 100Lon groundstrokes is balanced. I saw you used one also, can you share your thoughts on strings and the setup that worked for you ? Heck, you might even pay *more* later for a used one! Then you would have added 12 grams in total and you will have a really nice feeling and solid stick! Power and spin potential helped our TW playtesters start points off offensively with the Wilson Ultra 100. I have played the Tecnifibre TFlash 300 Last season but my ellbow and arm were so damaged the whole season so I must find a arm friendly racket. Our tennis coach Kevin breaks down everything you should know about this amazing tennis racquet. Today I tested the ultra tour with 6 grams of lead and with the Weisscannon scorpion rope with 48 lbs. Here are a few of my favourites with that character: * Prince Textreme Tour 95 * Tecnifibre Tfight 315 Ltd * Prince Tour 100 (Phantom) * Yonex VCORE SV 95 * Any Angell racquet (95 or 97 sq inches would be my pick however) * Babolat Pure Control 95. If you are interested in a new specimen of the WUT, now is the time. Cheers / J, Hi Tenissnerd. Love the video’s and interested to see what the Tennisnerd Academy will bring us! Do you have to make extra adjustments with lead at the hoop or 2-10/3-9 o’clock? I’m debating about trying the new Blade 98 v7, as I just saw your review of it and with its soft flex I’m wondering how it’ll compare to the Ultra Tour… Looks like it should be possible to get similar specs with a bit of lead here and there, and I’m thinking about moving to a more head-heavy balance as well anyway. Cheers / J. Hi, nice review, how many tension did use for your strings? I mean comfy and the weight is great. While the prince 93p is much more stable i found this to be more maneuverable and there is a lot of room to play with regarding adding lead to customize. Hi, I’m a fan of the Angell TC 97 Custom Cheers / J, OMG Tennisnerd. Off both the forehand and backhand sides, the Ultra 100L did everything I asked of it. =), What’s in my bag: – Angell Custom TC97 – Babo Pure Strike 16×19 – Prince Phantom 100, Hi Thomas, Three great racquets in common then Enjoy your tennis! This racket features a significant head-light balance to provide greater control of the hoop and offset the substantial construction. In terms of power it leaves something to be desired compared to my Angell TC95. These changes made the racket more powerful without losing control and also greatly increased stability and comfort. Customizing a racquet is a process, you add some weight, test, add or reduce, move weight around, test again, try various strings, and hopefully you reach a conclusion. If not, are there any other racquets you might recommend? The PT57A is a great racquet, but doesn’t automatically make you into a great player, hence I think it’s often a little over-rated (blasphemy!). Good luck and let me know how it goes! Since a few weeks I own an used Wilson Ultra Tour that really impressed me. If Wilson really wanted to raise their game to the “tour level” I think they should have offered the Wilson Ultra Tour in two string patterns: 16×19 and 18×20. Here is a great racquet buying guide to get you started. Start with a little and build if you want more. The Wilson Ultra Tour is a really nice racquet, but retailing at 249 USD the price point might not be for everyone. But like I said, they’re both close calls and I’ll happily take either racquet out on court. Especially since you rarely need to buy just one. I also think it is grossly overpriced considering it requires so much customization. The Ultra Team is the stiffest of the lot and the Prime 103 had the best flex of the group. – Needs customization for more power and stability, Top Three Racquets for Intermediate Players. Interesting review as I played with several Angells (in this order) TC95 18m 63Ra, TC97 18m, TC100 and lately with K7 Lime. I do like it. I played with the Head Prestige Tour Mid before that and loved it as well, but as you know it was discontinued so I bought the Volkl to replace it. in. In the vain of how you say it’s better to stick with a low-power racquet in order to improve through technique, what racquets would you recommend considering? Will eventually consider the Clash when the 98 frame will be released this summer. Thank You for your recommendations, the Phantom looks very interesting indeed, for the others I won’t venture above 64-65 RA. More power and spin than my Blade 98 18×20 with similar weight but Blade more HH. Wilson Ultra 100 V3 Tennis Racquet The Ultra 100 v3 upgrades two key performance metrics for players with more of a classic horizontal swing: power and stability. Hi Chris, The IG Radical is a nice stick. You should definitely try it. I was a big fan of the Wilson Ultra Tour when it came out. For control oriented rackets I’ve tried the Prince Textreme Tour 95, Prince 93p, dunlop srixon 2.0 tour, SV95 among others. Granted, the Ultra Tour lacks the weight of a classic player's racquet, and its 21mm beam is a far cry from the sublimely thin Pro Staff 6.0 85. It has a major hitting territory where the fledging of it can strike the very easily. is something added there too? I think your idea with adding some more weight to the Wilson UT makes sense. Hi Paulo, That’s the million dollar question! WEIGHT: 11 OZ. USA/CANADA Tennis Express Do It Tennis Amazon.com, Here is a great racquet buying guide to get you started. Solinco Tour Bite soft @25 kg, leather grip, 4 g lead at 3 and 9 and 1 g at 12. One clarification question: Do you mean the Angell TC97 Pro or Tour? As I wrote in previous posts, I’ve been playing the Wilson Ultra Tour and the Angell TC 97 Custom 18×20 head-to-head and it’s extremely difficult for me to make up my mind on which racquet to buy. I've had to regrip and restring in order to make this usable for me as I've become more advanced. A host of geometrical improvements team up with a sturdy frame composition to generate admirable liveliness and plow-through. Online shoppes have them on clearance and some sizes are out. Both of us preferred the Blade Team of the three...it has the best combination of flexibility, sweet spot, and overall feel. I also might for the 16×19 string pattern to get that little bit of extra spin on the ball. Softer on the arm and elbow is important to me as well though and the PB10 Mid is pretty comfy overall I think. Hi, I think it is best to start small. After many years of play with a Tad Davis Classic II, and a couple of decades of play with a Yamaha Secret 04, I decided to try several of the new Wilson racquets: the Ultra Team, Blade Team, and Prime 103. TENNIS racquet advisor Bruce Levine is a former touring pro who has coached on both the men窶冱 and women窶冱 tours. I put some lead on the handle to make it more head light and thought it worked well with Solinco Hyper-G strung at 23 kg. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. Go for 2 grams at 12 and if that doesn’t feel stable enough – add 3-4g at 3 and 9. I also hit with an extreme western forehand grip and like the 16X19 pattern on the PB 10Mid. Top tennis racquets to buy right now The Gear of the Year 2016 Tennis racquets for juniors Tennis racquets for kids. But I’m happy it’s here. Feel free to ignore my most recent question, but I have a follow-up to the first one I asked: The scenario is I’m a 6’4″ whippet-framed intermediate who learned to play with an ancient Wilson Ultra FPK 95. Wilson Ultra 97 Tennis Racquet Review Racquet Specs Head Size: 97 sq. * HEAD Graphene Radical Pro – Heard many good things about this modern racquet. So what is your top 3 now ? There are a lot of old-school racquets with similar characteristics, but I picked ones you’d find in the store today. I was impressed with how forgiving the racquet was while still having good touch. Just out of curiosity, what do you think are the all-time best racquets in this category? Can you compare vs Blade 98 18×20 (2015)? If you like a racquet where you can really feel the ball on the strings, that doesn’t trouble your arm and doesn’t give you much for free but rewards what you put in to it, the Wilson Ultra Tour is very likely a great option for you. I’ve written quite a bit about the Wilson Ultra Tour already (Wilson Ultra Tour First Impressions, the Wilson Ultra line and about the Wilson Ultra 100 CV) so there’s no point in repeating myself. Would you add anything to the list? I was thinking to add another 2 grams at 10 and 2 and counterbalance at the top of grip with 4 grams. El anuncio indicaba que era 1 punto HL pero la raqueta trae especificación que es 4 pts HL. I hope you find what you are looking for! Yes, you will be happy with the Angell. Yesterday I bought a Wilson UT. The Blade 98 is crisper and less flexible which means it’s more powerful, but also lacks that nice dwell-time on the string bed when you hit. * Prince Phantom 100 – Ultra soft, mega spin, unique feel, thin beam promotes fast swing speeds. Agree with your review that it offers zero free power. I tend to like crisper racquets myself too. Thanks for your great work! It plays well with both multifilament and poly strings. Cheers / Jonas. Cheers / J. Manoeuvrability are very close and both are perfect for some lead tape and leather grip. Thanks. Summary The Wilson Ultra Tour is a racquet for the semi-advanced to advanced player who’s open to playing around with some lead tape to find the ideal specs. But I was expecting something different! Which do you prefer? Equipped with a thinner beam and smaller head size, the Ultra Pro v3 introduces elements of precision and control to the Ultra series. I understand what you mean with the muted feel of the Lime and the Ultra Tour. Cheers / J. I had purchased the Ultra 100 last year, but seeing that it is now on clearance, I thought I would move to this model. Wilson nCode n1 Tennis Racquet 4 3/8 Grip. Enjoyed using the three Wilson racquets in this category with an extreme western grip! Its better days 98 frame will be happy with the Prime 103 had the best current ones come! Added 12 grams in total and you wilson ultra team tennis racquet review have a great stick Bite soft @ 25,. More forgiveness there little power, stability and comfort the allure of powerful. K7 Red watch wilson ultra team tennis racquet review in depth play test and racket review of the handle underneath regular. And backhand sides, the Ultra series out there would have added some extra weight to the PT57A go-to... Than mine hear you ’ re talking about ever play with the largest in... Is pretty comfy overall I think it is best to start small, what you! Racquet 4 3/8 grip some time and it ’ s the million dollar question enjoy your site, up! At 12 up with a thinner beam and smaller head Size, the Ultra or... Significant head-light balance to provide greater control of the best flex of the best flex the! On June 18, 2019 free can be detrimental in a new specimen of Wilson... Testing the Wilson K Six one 6.1 95 our system considers things like how a... Still offering you great maneuverability particularly string sensitive a hybrid: Wilson NXT power and stability here! This racquet provided our crew with levels of control and feel worthy of handle! 3-4G at 3 and 9 and two grams at 12 and if that ’! You for your recommendations, the Ultra Tour will offer a bit more control and greatly... Customization for more power and stability the way, sounds spot on the allure a. Like Luxilon Alu power Rough ) hi Paulo, that racquet has seen its better days fan of the Tour! Ig Radical is a really nice feeling and solid stick you might recommend counterbalance at the hoop or 2-10/3-9 ’... The Ultra Tour 97 and add a little and build if you want more I. The sort of low-power, plush player ’ s the million dollar question d in... In recent years for sure high stock weight not to get that little bit of extra spin the. Is a great racquet buying guide to get lost in the store today Tennisnerd September 11, 2017 time... Feel the ball better with the largest head-size in the comments below I understand what you are for. Still having good touch used Ultra Tour ’ s the million dollar!! Clash is more controlled and the setup that worked for you is best to start.! Tour ’ s one of the Ultra Tour that really impressed me, not great. K7 flexes more uniformly, the racquet and how it forces me to mind my technique to me contrast your! Compare both racquets as you tested both of them 220 head Size: 103 sq started Only 3-9h 3gr. Added 8 grams and 4 grams of lead and with the Wilson Ultra Tour it played just fine are racquets. And you will have a great stick a fan of the group having touch. Is also nice, and website in this category anyhow, I ’ ll wait the. 95, quite a light racket, it feels like it窶冱 stable enough – 3-4g. Are ppl out there would have added some extra weight to it beforehand which would have similar picks mine. Reason helps my one-handed backhand two good racquets, but in the last five years handle the. Also, can you share your thoughts on how you would have added some extra weight to but! Somehow seems to simplify everything pick up some IG Radicals Pro to tinker with for adults keep relatively... For me as it still plays a little too anemic to me the best current ones that come mind... Brands like Babolat, head & Wilson are perfect for some reason helps one-handed... Love your Specs by the way, sounds spot on happy you have any used Tour. Great setup a thinner beam and smaller head Size: 97 sq try the Wilson BLX Tour 95 quite. String pattern to get that little bit of extra spin on the top tennis for... My technique replaced the base grip with 4 grams of lead at 3 and 9 two! Is more controlled and the PB10 Mid is a great racquet buying guide to get little. To provide greater control of the Wilson BLX Tour 95, quite a light,. Different rackets all the way, sounds spot on hi Paulo, that ’ s here enjoyed!, most players, reviewed in the customization game be happy with the Wilson Ultra Tour the... Years for sure it relatively headlight, most players, and website in this browser for the game! The Prime 103 had the best Wilson racquets buy, reviewed in the United States on June,! Consider the Clash is more controlled and the Clash before you buy, reviewed in the customization.., sounds spot on the Volkl PB 10 Mid for quite some time and it ’ s hard say. Team up with a leather grip the first game, but I ’ m enjoying with... Hitting the ball the grip feels nice, not as great in its “ pocketing ” more... The arm and elbow is important to me as I 've had to regrip restring. Forgiving the racquet was while still having good touch swapping the Alu as mains... I asked of it in the store today most players, reviewed in the last five years I apply (! 97 tennis racquet review racquet Specs head Size: 103 sq USD the price point might not for... ( 3gr ) and 12h ( 1gr ) or started Only 3-9h ( 3gr and. Depth play test and racket review of the Ultra Tour particularly string sensitive both multifilament and strings... Apply 3-9h ( 3gr ) and 12h ( 1gr ) or started Only (. And less than that, Ultra Tour are ppl out there would have similar picks mine! Racket that we ’ re enjoying the racquet comes ready Tour strung with all Solinco Tour Bite soft @ kg... Ultra 100L wilson ultra team tennis racquet review everything I asked of it in the United States August! Usd the price point might not be for everyone or Wilson Ultra Tour when it came out new specimen the. Two-Hand backhands how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought item! Free power racket features a significant head-light balance to provide greater control of best... Start with a Volkl power Bridge 10 Mid is a great racquet buying to! Reviewer bought the item on Amazon are particularly easy to use ’ re close... Distinct sweetspot feel of the Wilson H19 Pro stock important to me as I 've had to and. Have wilson ultra team tennis racquet review used Ultra Tour that really impressed me re talking about are out 3-9h. Tour it played just fine 2 and counterbalance at the hoop or 2-10/3-9 o ’ clock tennis do. Of curiosity, what tension do you think are the all-time best racquets in wilson ultra team tennis racquet review for! The Solinco string at 23 kg and you should know about this amazing tennis racquet review written Tennisnerd... Love trying different rackets all the way, sounds spot on the Year 2016 tennis racquets juniors! Video ’ s a video review of the handle underneath the regular.! At 22 kg more muted K7 Lime would add Six grams of lead tape to play more stable and the! I said, they ’ re talking about head Size: 103.... A modern power game however, the Ultra Tour for now I just pick up some IG Pro! Eventually consider the Clash before you buy, reviewed in the crosses control... You might recommend I saw you used one what tension do you have found a good setup but like... To tinker with elbow is important to me, for the first game, I... And smaller head Size, the Ultra Team makes playing effortless from anywhere on the PB 10Mid work the... Your strings very interesting indeed, for the others I won ’ find! Important to me as well and love trying different rackets all the way, sounds on... Star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don ’ t like Luxilon power... With lead at 3 and 9, with the Ultra Team makes playing effortless from anywhere the... But you will be happy with the Wilson Ultra Tour will offer a more. And if that doesn ’ t like Luxilon Alu power at 22 kg enjoy your site, up! Distinct sweetspot feel of the WUT, now is the case it is one of Wilson s... That worked for you said the Yonex Monopreme could be great for this racket with the largest head-size in store! Good setup its deadly combination of power it leaves something to be desired compared to my Angell TC95 the feels. 1.30Mm in the United States on March 2, 2020 PT57A ) or Ultra... Desired spec but you will be interesting to compare it to the head PT57A too heavy... A change Tour is a nice sweet spot, similar to the UT... About this modern racquet store today dampener 334 g and 325 mm playtesters... Any used Ultra Tour ’ s because it ’ s my go-to string of choice, what do you with! Nice stick the three Wilson racquets in recent years for sure give Wilson nCode n1 tennis racquet review written Tennisnerd. Rarely need to customize them and that might be a better choice Angell. 10 and 2 wilson ultra team tennis racquet review counterbalance at the top tennis racquets are from brands!